Linacre Nursery & Primary School
Thornton Road, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 5ED Tel: 0151 922 1466 Fax: 0151 933 0209 Website: www.linacreprimary.co.uk
‘We’re Getting to Good'
Thursday 14th May 2020
Dear Parent/ Carer,
Following the government’s recent announcement to reopen schools on a phased return, we are making the necessary plans to ensure that our school is safe for our children, families and staff. The expectation is that on Monday 1st June children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 will return along with children of key workers and those children classed as vulnerable. The government is then hoping that all other primary year groups will return to school later in the month.
The government has issued guidance for schools which we will adhere to but I must inform you that for the time being attending Linacre will not be as it was. We feel that before you decide on whether to send your child to school that you have additional information.
What does this mean for my child? In line with government advice the following will be put in place should schools reopen:
• Your child will be in a class of 15 children although we expect this to be much less to maintain social distancing of 2m;
• Your child may not be with their teacher and may be with a member of staff that they do not know;
• They may be in an unfamiliar classroom and not be in the same classroom as their friends;
• Guidance says children should not mix with other groups at playtime and lunchtimes and therefore play and lunchtimes will be staggered;
• Lunch will be eaten in classrooms and likely to be pack lunch only for those entitled to a free school meal;
• The school day will start and end with staggered times and parents/carers will be expected to keep to the given times.
• Only one family member will be allowed on site each time when bringing children to school and when collecting and they will be expected to stand in line 2m apart from other parents.
A high number of staff are ‘shielding’ or live with vulnerable family members and this is another reason why your child may not be with their class teacher or staff that they are familiar with.
The choice to send your child is yours to make. We will continue to make home learning available each week and parent/carers will not be fined should they refuse to send their child to school.
Thank you for your support at this extremely challenging time and we must remember that safety for all is our main concern.
Keep safe and take care, Miss Gunnion and the Linacre team